Monday, December 12, 2022

Devil of Dublin by B.B. Easton


Rating: 5 Stars

I had initially rated this book four stars, and then I read the author’s note, and I had to give this book a 5.

I couldn’t put this book down once I started it!

Devil of Dublin follows the story of Darby and Kellen. Darby and Kellen meet one Summer in Ireland when Darby is visiting from the states with her mother. Although Kellen is mute and does nothing but grunt and growl, Darby is determined to be friends. These two form an instant bond that has Darby coming back every summer to find Kellen in the woods.

I love the way this story was written. This story reminded me of “Archer’s Voice” by Mia Sheridan, with a sprinkle of mafia and Irish folklore. Darby and Kellen were complicated characters, but in the end, they found their way back to each other. Kellen had been categorized as evil since birth and had forged his own path, given the circumstances he’s lived through. While Kellen believes Darby has abandoned him and broken their promises, she is just living in a different form of hell from his.



This story has so much depth to it. I was rooting for these two the whole time. The addition of Irish Folklore made this book different and unique, and I love how it played into their love story. I wish I could’ve seen more of Darby and Kellen’s relationship after they reconnected. But overall, I loved this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment