Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Wait For It by Mariana Zapata




After reading an MZ book, I always find myself in a great mood.


My favorite aspect of this book was the interconnected characters mentioned throughout the book. It brought back all the love I had for MZ's other books, which were so nice.

Diana Casillas hasn't had it easy. When her brother passes away suddenly, she is left with her two nephews, Lou and Josh, to take care of as their legal guardian. She is doing her best to give the boys the life her brother would have wanted, but she struggles. Diana is constantly worrying if she is doing the right thing by them. After moving to a new house and neighborhood, she is confronted with a new problem. Diana was brought up to show kindness, and her grumpy neighbor, Dallas, isn't used to that. Dallas is reeling from a messy divorce and sees Diana as just another woman after his scorned heart.

This story will most definitely put you in your feels, have you swooning for a man like Dallas, and probably send you into baby fever after encountering Diana's nephews.

Naturally, this is a slow burn, and we get to go on this beautiful journey with Dallas and Diana. I love the flow of Mariana Zapata's books. She never cheapens out on the proper romance unfolding. We get to see the evolution of Dallas and Diana's relationship. Both characters have a ton of growth, making this a satisfying read. Diana's character is so badass. She is strong for getting through the loss of her brother and taking on the care of her nephews while being so young. I admire her strength and felt like I could relate to her as a child of immigrant parents. I love how independent she is and how she's determined to raise Lou and Josh the right way. Dallas was equally noteworthy. He continues to show up not just for Diana but for her boys too. At first, I wanted to punch him for being so grumbly and off-putting, but then he redeemed himself by being so damn cute and delicious.

Mariana Zapata hasn't let me down, not once. I fell in love with this book and every character in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment