Wednesday, June 29, 2022

You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi


Rating 5 Stars 

I’m crying, not because this book was sad but because it’s over. I wanted it to last forever because it was such a beautiful story. I don’t have the proper words to express my feelings about this book. This book moved me, moved my spirit. This story, from beginning to end, was beautiful. I would be lying if I said I didn’t know a book could be so powerful and leave such a profound imprint on me.

THIS. This is why I love books. This is why I love reading.

Feyi Adekola took me on a journey I’ll never forget. This book is so messy and complex. It isn’t your typical romance, and if you want something fluffy, this isn’t the book for you.

Feyi isn’t perfect. She’s not a saint. She isn’t always right and doesn’t always do the right thing. But that was exactly what made her so alive in my eyes. I’ve never encountered a character with such depth and complexity.

Feyi’s story includes grief, life after a loss, growth, healing, navigating relationship dynamics, and survival.

I actually have no desire to summarize everything this book is. I just want you to go in blind.

High praises to Akwaeke Emezi.

Buy You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty

0 comments:

Post a Comment